An exclusive collaboration with NWI, the worldwide voice of the wellness community, is a way to offer turnkey solutions to your clients with unlimited revenue share potential.
NWI’s geographically exclusive Referral Partner Program for brokers is designed to be a win-win-win situation.
- Earn a 30% revenue share on all purchases of available courses purchased by your clients.
We provide everything you need for a turnkey promotional and marketing campaign.
We offer exclusive territory rights and ongoing implementation support.
Already have a wellness offering as a benefit? Excellent!
Partnering with NWI makes your offering to clients an even greater competitive advantage. In fact, chances are that your clients with the best wellness programs are lead by people we trained. Now you can help your other clients and prospects realize their success – and make a substantial referral fee in the process.
Because you play such a critical role in your clients workforce experience, it is up to you to provide them with the support and guidance they need!
As the trusted broker of your clients,
- They look to you for support of their initiatives.
- They trust your recommendation and advice.
- The believe in your ability to guide programming and advance initiatives.
- They will be grateful for your help and seek a long term relationship with you as their broker/advisor.
If multidimensional, multicultural wellness programming is not part of your client recruitment and retention strategy for 2022, then you are not meeting your client needs.
Wellness has never been more important than it is today.
80% of respondents from the 2020 Global Human Capital Trends survey identified wellness as being an important or very important priority for organizational success.
- Large employers in the United States spent on average $762 per employee for wellness.
- In 2018, $53.6 billion was spent by US corporations and are estimated to reach $90.7 billion by 2026. And this data was prior to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Return to work is a major issue for your members today. A key factor of success is the proper training and development of wellness champions.
Why collaborate with the National Wellness Institute?
NWI is on a mission to become the worldwide voice of wellness and is the credentialing body for worksite wellness leaders around the globe.
- NWI courses are rooted in academic research and developed by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to train those who train others.
- All champions of wellness are our learners, from worksite wellness program directors to wellness committee members to HR Directors and more.
- NWI is the credentialing body for wellness leaders and we provide the training your clients need to make informed decisions for their wellness strategy.
- As a Referral Partner, you’ll earn significant revenue share income and develop a world-wide voice as a high-level wellness leader,
A Win-Win Partnership
Since 1977, NWI has been laser-focused on ensuring wellness leaders have the competency to make better decisions about their organizational strategy and our team has spent the past five decades researching and developing wellness courses for tomorrow’s wellness leaders. We provide the training, tools, and resources professionals need to lead a multidimensional, multicultural, high-level wellness strategy for their specific audiences. You are the organization’s trusted advisor and we are the worldwide voice of the wellness community. Together, we drive positive change for your clients effectively and in a turnkey approach.
Courses you can offer your members immediately.
NWI offers the following courses as part of it’s Referral Partner Program for brokers. All courses are backed by academic research, include Continuing Education Credit (CEC) opportunities, and are purposefully designed to help wellness leaders drive positive change.
Worksite Wellness Training – NWI’s Worksite Wellness Specialist (CWWS) and Program Manager (CWWPM) certificate courses position wellness experts to be leaders in their profession while improving the health and wellness of employees and organizations. Supported by current research and best practices, these courses are recognized as the premier training programs for high-level worksite wellness professionals. Interactive courses are purposefully designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools necessary to create and sustain a comprehensive wellness strategy.
Multicultural Competency – Multicultural Competency is at the forefront for every business, community, and wellness leader, and it should be. This first-of-its-kind training is a highly engaging, self-paced course designed by multicultural competency subject matter experts that incorporates NWI’s world-renowned Six Dimensions of Wellness and Multicultural Wellness Wheel, as well as meets the rigorous standards of the evidence-based Wellness Promotion Competency Model. Participants will be equipped with the knowledge, tools, strategies, and CECs required to deliver multicultural competency compliance, policies, procedures, assessments, and programming.
Financial Wellness – One of the most important life skills needed to thrive is the ability to manage stress. Coping with stress is a critical skill, but the best way to manage stress is to reduce what is causing it. At the top of the list of stressors is finances. The solutions being offered today tend to focus on budgeting, debt reduction, and retirement planning. All very important, but unless the individual’s relationship with money changes, nothing will change. The 5 Essentials for Financial Wellness and The Case for Financial Wellness eLearning courses prepare you to offer financial life skills that will help employees make better decisions with their money for years to come.
Resilience, and Habit Changes – We live in a world where the pace of change is accelerating. In this powerful series of self-paced eLearning courses, participants will come to understand the factors that influence the ability of companies to drive change successfully. After all, companies that create the right environment, culture, or contexts for employees to change are likely to be more successful in the future. The Change Compass series helps companies identify and learn what it takes to create a culture for healthy change: What is worth changing? How do you get people to make necessary changes?